Last Updated: April 19, 2015
• We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email address and password, geographic information (such as your city, state and country), school information (such as your school, major and graduation year), company information (such as your company name, description, industry, size), job title, phone number, gender, birthday and additional profile information (including, without limitation, a profile photo, cover photo, and tagline) when you create an account to log into our network or are onboarding to the Site ("Account") or are onboarding to the Site.
• When you post certain content on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users of the Site may be able to see it, along with any other information that you choose to make public through your profile ("Profile"). Messages between users are private only to the users on the thread.
• After you create an Account, you may choose to provide additional information on your Profile, such as descriptions of your skills, professional experience, and educational background. You can also upload your resume to include in your Profile.
• When you apply for a job through the Services, we will collect any additional information from you needed to apply for the job.
• When you post a job through the Services, we will collect any additional information about the job such as the job description, job requirements and how to apply.
• We may collect your phone number and the unique device id number of the mobile device on which you use the App.
• We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
• When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional personal information.
• For each portfolio entry (each an "Entry") you submit, we may collect the title, category, description, and associated image for the Entry as well as hashtags associated with and tagged teammates with respect to the Entry.
• When you "like" an Entry we will collect information around your "like" and will include you as a "Liker" of the entry along with certain Profile information, such as your profile photo.
• If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your device, reinstall the App, or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
• When you post messages through the Services and/or comment on content available through the Site, the information contained in your posting and/or comment will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
• If you purchase certain additional services through the Services, we may collect information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and may share
• We also collect other types of personal information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
• If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion, we will collect any data you provide in connection with that promotion.
• We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
• We may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
Generally. When you use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you use our Services, your geographic location, how you use the Services, information about the type of device you use, your Open Device Identification Number, date/time stamps for your visit, your unique device identifier, your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and domain name are all collected. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you and administer and improve the Site. In addition, in the event our App crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our App.
Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, including IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to improve the content of the Site, market research purposes, to communicate information to visitors and to better tailor our Services to our users' needs.
Cookies. We may log information using "Cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Pixel Tags. In addition, we use "Pixel Tags" (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users, but are embedded invisibly in Web pages.
Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as "Flash Cookies," to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here.
Inviting Others to Join the Site. Through the Site, you can invite third parties to create an Account by sending them your referral link. We will collect information regarding who you refer to the Site and the connection formed between you and the newly created user.
Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your mobile device, we collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
• operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
• process and deliver contest/challenge entries and rewards;
• respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
• send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
• link or combine user information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
• provide and deliver products and services you request;
• to process and deliver orders for additional services;
• identify you as a user in our system;
• facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; and
• develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services and partner services.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We may also create anonymous and/or deidentified data records from your personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to enhance the content of our Services and improve the Site. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
User Testimonials and Feedback. We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name as well as the user's title, school or company, and major. We obtain the user's consent prior to posting this information along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We may share your feedback with your first and last name as well as the user's title, school or company, and major. If we choose to post such information along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
Information You Share. Our Site and Services allow you to connect and share content and information. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public on the Site. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them.
Information We Share. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent;
• to third parties designated by you;
• with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• to third parties to process payments made through the Services;
• with contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
• with an SNS if you choose to post content to an SNS through the Service;
• to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred; and
• to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request; to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Portfolium, our customers or others.
If you apply for a job through the Services, we may share your Profile information and other personal information with the company that posted the job.
Portfolium allows universities and organizations to set up private networks hosted by Portfolium called "Exclusive Networks." If you choose to join an
Exclusive Network and/or your university pre-populates an account for you, Portfolium will share with the Exclusive Network your name, the number of entries
you have published, your Portfolium URL, and if applicable, your school status, degree
Exclusive network rollouts involve email correspondence between you and Portfolium. You may opt-out of these emails at any time by clicking the appropriate unsubscribe link and/or adjusting your account settings. You will not be emailed without the permission of your university, based on a pre-approved schedule and content.
Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. You can set your Profile to be public or private using the privacy settings in the Site. Content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site depending on your privacy settings and the location of the posting. Once publicly displayed, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put personal information in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
You may opt-out of providing your personal information to the App at any time by uninstalling the App.
You can opt-out or customize the type of messages you receive from Portfolium by visiting the "Notifications" tab under "Settings", or by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of Portfolium marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may review and update your personal information by visiting the "Settings" tab. If you wish to delete your Portfolium account, you can go to the "Privacy" tab under "Account Settings" and click "Disable Account". Additionally, you can edit or update other information in your Portfolium profile by visiting the "Profile" tab on your account. You can also edit your personal Portfolium URL on the "Profile" tab within the "Settings" screen. You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and review, update, correct, or delete your personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Information Security . We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A Note about Children . We do not intentionally gather personal information from users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Portfolium and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.